Tuesday 17 March 2020

New Exhibitions....

A recent drawing in the studio, approx A1 in size
I’m pleased to announce that I have been offered two exhibitions later in the year, both in libraries, but of quite differing sizes. The first one is in September at The Hive in Worcester, Europe’s first joint University and public library. It’s a pretty big place, and has a lot of visitors so that’s a real bonus. I’ve also offered to hold a few workshops and talks with Fine Art students from the University of Worcester. This will be a large exhibition in which I aim to curate with new and older work to show a broader range of my paintings, but also to attempt to contextually frame my work involving the landscape/places a bit differently. This is inspired by a lot of recent reading but also other connections and links that I’ve been mulling over for the last few years but have found difficult to give a better shape to. I’ll say more about that later.

The second exhibition is in November at the small gallery space at Malvern Library. A friend had a show there a couple of years ago which I thought looked great, so I applied with the view that it would be a really nice venue to show a broad span of work too, but smaller pieces I rarely get chance to show such as prints and drawings. I’m really looking forward to both exhibitions.

No comments: