Thursday 11 August 2016

'A Minor Place'

-->
I’m excited to share this poster and flyer about a forthcoming exhibition I am showing some of my recent paintings in and have organized with artist friends Andrew Smith and Hugh Marwood. The exhibition, ‘A Minor Place’, is at the Artists Workhouse in Studley, just twenty minutes drive from Birmingham, and opens on Saturday September 3rd. I will be exhibiting some of my new large paintings, at 200 x 150cms the largest I made in some time, and in contrast some of my smallest canvasses based on trucks etc. I’m also boldly previewing a video animation I have made based on my digital i-pad paintings, which I have shared on the blog recently. 
-->
The animation was Hugh’s idea as a way of presenting them and I’m pleased to say it seems to have worked quite well, although I am also thinking of making a small book and having some mounted for sale at the exhibition too. I hope to share it on the website soon, and also put it on Youtube, which is a first for me, although I have made several films about my work over the years I have not shared publicly. I’ll be posting a few more things about the exhibition this month as it gets nearer, but for now I hope you like the poster which has been designed, based on a photograph of mine, by my good friend and artist Chris Cowdrill. He’s also currently collaborating on a publication to accompany the exhibition too. 
https://artistsworkhouse.com/

No comments: