Wednesday, 28 January 2009
'Ken', etching with aquatint
Finally! My first decent print from my time on the AA2A Scheme at Wolverhampton University. After about three months experimenting with different things I decided it was time to stop messing about and produce something half decent. This is still an experiment, my first aquatint etching, but I’m pretty pleased with it, and I’m going to develop these further. I spent the afternoon preparing another ten plates with hard grounds to work on.
It was interesting news about The Public in West Bromwich today. They have had their further funding request turned down by the Arts Council. I’ve been pretty discrete about my own experience of exhibiting there last summer, but I think it’s fair to say that this news is not a big surprise. At the end of the day it’s such a shame for the people of West Brom who I think have been really let down.